Have a Question?
Build Raw Formula
Go to Admin > Formulas > Build New Raw Formula
Go to Practitioner Account > Build New Raw Formula
A custom raw formula can be created in the admin or the practitioner account. Solo practitioners using the system can build all their formulas in the admin account. The admin can also make any practitioner active in the admin account and build a formula.
Follow these steps to build a raw custom formula
A raw formula can be built using 2 different types of Calculations, referred to as Dosage Modes. For more information on Dosage Modes, click here.
Step 1 - General Details
1. Select a Patient – A patient is not mandatory, but highly recommended. If the patient doesn’t exist, you can add a patient using the button “Add Patient” or go to Admin > Patients> Add Patient or Practitioner Website > Patients > Add Patient.
2. Select the dosage mode you want, either per day or per bag. If per day, ener the number of days and the number of bags (containers).
3. Share Formula – Decide if you want to share the formula with other practitioners or keep it private.
4. Select the herb type. If you selected “build raw formula” it will be defaulted to “raw”.
5. Enter a formula name. If the formula name won’t fit, its because the max characters for formula name is set too low.
Step 2 - Add Ingredients and Dosages
- Add each herb or premix formula manually by typing it into the boxes on each line. In the screenshot above, there is “Pinyin” and “Latin” name options. If you go to the formula settings for the practitioner, you can change which columns appear, and search by other herb names such as “English”.
- You can mark formulas that you’ve already created as “favorites” and find the formula in the drop down
- If you have selected a patient above, you can click on the “Patient Formulas” tab and view a list of all formulas prescribed to the patient and easily add all the herbs of that formula by selecting it.
- If the dispensary has added “Template Formulas” you can select an existing formula template
- If you select “My Formulas” tab you can access any formula you have ever created in the system (for the active practitioner)
- If you select “Premix Formula” tab, you can access a list of all premix formulas and select one or more premix formulas
- If you select “Single Herb” tab, you can access a list of all single herbs, and select one or more single herb
- Tag a herb as Preboil or add at end, and you will be able to write specific preparation instructions for these herbs.
Step 3 - Enter Preparation Instructions
Enter the preparation instructions or any other information you want to communicate with the patient. Since all dosage instructions cannot usually fit on the label, this information will appear on the infosheet if this field is enabled.
Step 4 - Choose Add On Services
Select any add on services you want for the formula. Add on Services are optional, and are setup by the dispensary per herb/formula type.
An add on service will have a flat fee, a variable fee (percentage of the formula cost) or both. The final cost of the add on service will be shown in the formula pricing section below.
Step 5 - Refills
If you want to provide the option for the patient to order refills, you can set the refill settings for the formula. There are three pieces of information required for refills.
- Total Refills – The maximum number of refills allowed
- Days Between Refills – This determines the frequency the patient can order the refill. Set to 0 days to allow a patient to order as many refills at once as they desire.
- Refill Expiry Date – This is the last day a refill can be purchased.
Step 6 - Formula Price
The formula pricing section outlines the total cost of the formula.
Ingredients Price – This is what the formula costs based on the ingredients and quantity specified.
Additional Charges – This is what the add on services costs.
Subtotal equals the Ingredients Price and Additional Charges
If markups is enabled, the practitioner can add a markup to the order to make a profit.
Step 7 - Special Instructions
The special instructions is not shown to the patient!
This text box enables the practitioner to send a note to the dispensary admin, letting them know any special instructions or considerations for the formula.
The note will appear in the dispensary admin, when the order is viewed on the preparation tab.